Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

QSA - JNR Dixon - Any other Corps in which served in SA? 6 years 4 months ago #56612

• malcmere
  • malcmere's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Sorry my mistake Joseph enlisted at Durban 15/12/1900 and was discharged at Cape Town 21/06/1901. There is a family story that his wife Annie wanted to give birth to my grandfather in England and he came early and at her annoyance she gave birth to him in Durban 19/02/1901. This might be the reason they were in Durban as Annie wanted to travel back by herself (as she was quite independent) for the birth. There must have been a recruitment drive in Durban. What was the name of the chap you know joined in Durban as it would be interesting to see Joseph knew him before joining?

In the book Farmer Solder and Politician by David A Perry about Sir Owen Thomas there is a photo of a recruitment drive and 2 images of POWLH.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

QSA - JNR Dixon - Any other Corps in which served in SA? 6 years 4 months ago #56613

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2150
Saints alive Malcolm - Innes Road! One of my family's homes was in that very road.

My chap was a Russian Seaman, Frederick Stockman, who died tragically in a mining accident in the USA in 1904.

His story is here www.angloboerwar.com/forum/5-medals-and-...e-back-not-one#54329

Regards

Rory

QSA - JNR Dixon - Any other Corps in which served in SA? 6 years 4 months ago #56614

• malcmere
  • malcmere's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
I really enjoyed reading your post on Frederick Stockman and your link to Innes Road is a nice coincidence.

Thanks

Malcolm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rory

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.480 seconds