Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Charles James Cox, reservist, of Holborn, London - suicide, 19.1.1905 4 years 10 months ago #63731

• BereniceUK
  • BereniceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2294

Frank Kelley wrote: Okay, I thought it was and just wondered why you might have gone down there, but, it is a very interesting area absolutely full of history, if you like London.

I don't particularly like to visit London, although I love to wander round there off the beaten track, if that doesn't sound too strange. I've seen enough of most of the centre of London, but love to go to new areas - discovering Hampstead and Blackheath earlier this year was wonderful.

Does anyone know which regiment C. J. Cox was in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Charles James Cox, reservist, of Holborn, London - suicide, 19.1.1905 4 years 10 months ago #63736

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
I know what you mean, I have to say that these days, I would think twice about going to certain places, the capital has changed over the years and certainly not for the better.
Regarding regiment/corps whilst there are some clues, it would be necessary to look at every man with that name in WO97 and perhaps WO363 and 364 as well, to narrow the field, his name was a common one, of course, assuming any papers remain extant.
Going back to the original post, I find it interesting to note how this was picked up by the provincial press.

BereniceUK wrote:

Frank Kelley wrote: Okay, I thought it was and just wondered why you might have gone down there, but, it is a very interesting area absolutely full of history, if you like London.

I don't particularly like to visit London, although I love to wander round there off the beaten track, if that doesn't sound too strange. I've seen enough of most of the centre of London, but love to go to new areas - discovering Hampstead and Blackheath earlier this year was wonderful.

Does anyone know which regiment C. J. Cox was in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds