Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Belfast

Belfast 4 years 10 months ago #23466

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1497
This is an intriguing QSA as I have yet to locate him on the QSA rolls. I have found his KSA (2) on the 3rd Btn rolls. The catalogue entry is silent on the entitlement.

Queen's South Africa 1899-1902, one clasp, Belfast (3835 Corpl: W. Clayton. Leicester: Regt.), nearly very fine, scarce. 3835 Sergeant W. Clayton, M.M., served in South Africa with 1st Battalion, Leicestershire Regiment as Militia Reserve; subsequently served with the 3rd Battalion, attached 1st Battalion during the Great War, and awarded the Military Medal (London Gazette 27.10.1916).

Picture courtesy of Spink
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Belfast 4 years 10 months ago #23476

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 189
Morning David,
Unable to find the QSA also, as you just the KSA

Paul

djb wrote: This is an intriguing QSA as I have yet to locate him on the QSA rolls. I have found his KSA (2) on the 3rd Btn rolls. The catalogue entry is silent on the entitlement.

Queen's South Africa 1899-1902, one clasp, Belfast (3835 Corpl: W. Clayton. Leicester: Regt.), nearly very fine, scarce. 3835 Sergeant W. Clayton, M.M., served in South Africa with 1st Battalion, Leicestershire Regiment as Militia Reserve; subsequently served with the 3rd Battalion, attached 1st Battalion during the Great War, and awarded the Military Medal (London Gazette 27.10.1916).

Picture courtesy of Spink

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Belfast 4 years 10 months ago #23485

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1497
Paul,

I had a quick look through the roll too thinking he may be missing/incorrect in the index but still no look.

Should the catalogue have listed his QSA as unconfirmed/awaiting confirmation perhaps?
Dr David Biggins

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.621 seconds