Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Looking for Boer War medal awarded to S.W. Carter (reg. No 333) 7 years 5 months ago #49773

• Bronwen
  • Bronwen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi. Hoping to locate my great -grandfather's Boer War medal. he served in the Imperial Yeomanry in 1900-1901. He fought at the Battle of Hammanskraal . He was Sergeant Sidney William Carter, with a regimental number of 333.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking for Boer War medal awarded to S.W. Carter (reg. No 333) 7 years 5 months ago #49774

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2150
What happened to the medal Bronwen?

Looking for Boer War medal awarded to S.W. Carter (reg. No 333) 7 years 5 months ago #49783

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Certainly nothing in WO100 to suggest that it was not issued.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bronwen

Looking for Boer War medal awarded to S.W. Carter (reg. No 333) 7 years 5 months ago #49787

• Bronwen
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thanks for your reply. I have no idea what happened to the medal. I only just recently discovered that he was in the Boer War, family legend said he was, but now have found proof. Sidney had five children, I would have to try locate the descendants of four of these.
Much appreciated.

Looking for Boer War medal awarded to S.W. Carter (reg. No 333) 7 years 5 months ago #49790

• Bronwen
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi. I am new to this, but does anyone know which medal Sidney Carter received? If I know what it looked like I could ask his descendants.

Looking for Boer War medal awarded to S.W. Carter (reg. No 333) 7 years 5 months ago #49793

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
The problem you have, is that you need to know the last one hundred years of your own family, I would start with any descendant of his eldest child, if I were you, of course, his Queens South Africa medal may no longer be extant, but, a great many are, a lot can happen in a hundred years!

Bronwen wrote: Thanks for your reply. I have no idea what happened to the medal. I only just recently discovered that he was in the Boer War, family legend said he was, but now have found proof. Sidney had five children, I would have to try locate the descendants of four of these.
Much appreciated.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds