Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Intombi 10 years 7 months ago #14382

• wazat
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 5
Guys it was a pleasure to have been able to help on this. If need be I can try get to other sites in the Northern KZN area. And any photo's needed I will try and provide. Thanks too on the interesting history on HC Gorton. Will drink my next beer to him.

I am very keen on finding and listing sites. And though i am limited to where i can get in my little VW Polo, I will give it my best shot. I have been trying mainly to find as many of the burial sites as i can in the Northern Natal area. I was surprised to find some not listed on some sites and would like to build up a small database of all the sites. If anyone has a site which lists the GPS co-ordinates of various graves or points of interest from the Zulu wars right through to the Bambatha Rebellion it would be greatly appreciated. I recently found graves on Pieters Hill I didn't know of so that was a Great find for me. As was the Graves at the Churchill Capture site. The later been great as I met someone there one day who stayed in the area but never knew about the graves on the other side of the line, this despite visiting the Churchill monument numerous times over the last 30 years.

Regards
Wayne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intombi 10 years 7 months ago #14384

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Wayne,
I suspect for Brett, seeing your photo photograph was infact the cherry on the icing, on the afore mentioned cake.
I like the reference at the bottom of the stone "Erected by the staff of the Castle and Natal breweries"
Really wonderful to see it, many thanks again
Frank Kelley
The following user(s) said Thank You: wazat

Intombi 10 years 7 months ago #14388

• David Grant
  • Thank you received: 350

David Grant wrote: One of my "Indians" was buried in plot 626 on the 19th March 1900 at Intombi. 622 3rd Gd Cook Francis of the Madras Army Hospital Corps. He was a Catholic. Any chance that his grave survives and that you have a photograph?

If anyone can have a go at finding this chap I really would appreciate it. There are three Indian graves in Natal. "Capepolice " has found two of them. This would be my "cherry"
Looking for Salutries, Salootries and Veterinary Duffadars.
I collect primarily QSAs to Indian Recipients.

Intombi 10 years 7 months ago #14389

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
Wayne

In my excitement at seeing your photographs, I forgot to welcome you to this forum. You are indeed most welcome and you have already made a great contribution to this site. I hope there will be much more to follow. A fresh pair of eyes and enthusiasm is just what the battlefields of KZN need.

Regards
Brett

Intombi 10 years 1 month ago #18890

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530
Here is a list of those buried in Intombi by row and date.

Dr David Biggins

Intombi 10 years 1 month ago #18891

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530
Dr David Biggins

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 3.638 seconds