Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Refugee Camps - Concentration Camps - British Mythology - Dissertation 8 years 10 months ago #41511

• MarkButterfield
  • MarkButterfield's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
With the greatest of thanks to the Anglo-Boer war website and its members for facilitating my dissertation writing, I have attached my complete 11,000 word undergraduate dissertation.

There are numerous images and a comprehensive bibliography for anyone thinking of studying the camps. I have digital copies of most of the books and articles available for anyone who might like access to them in the future.

The topic is undeniably niche, although hopefully there will be something of interest for even a casual reader.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Refugee Camps - Concentration Camps - British Mythology - Dissertation 8 years 10 months ago #41514

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
Thank you for sharing Mark. I have begun reading, and I expect you to attract a lot of positive and negative feedback. Not on your work, but on the subject matter, as it tends to be highly emotive and political, but I think that is exactly what you are pointing out. I hope you do really well with your marks. Cheers, Ryan

Refugee Camps - Concentration Camps - British Mythology - Dissertation 8 years 10 months ago #41515

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
On page 9 you equate the term Pro-Boer with Little Englander. How does that work? I would have expected Little Englander was the term the Boers used in the same sense as Sout Piel?

Refugee Camps - Concentration Camps - British Mythology - Dissertation 8 years 10 months ago #41540

• MarkButterfield
  • MarkButterfield's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
The Liberal party were synonymous with the pro-Boer cause, although divided among themselves. The pro-Boers were often berated in the jingoistic press, and were occasionally referred to as 'Little Englander's' suggesting that their pro-Boer allegiance was an anti-British, or at least an anti-imperialist stance. The term little-Englander merely suggests that the Liberals and other pro-Boers were only concerned with the British Isles, as opposed to the wider British empire.
Sout Piel was not a term I had encountered, although having looked up the term online, I found it hilarious!

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.751 seconds