Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Robert Thomas Parsons Eastern Province Horse Regiment 6 years 8 months ago #54720

• RobDon
  • RobDon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, my great great grandfather Robert Thomas Parsons serviced in the second ABO in the Eastern Province Horse Regiment, I found his Attestation papers on this site. I see that he says that he served in the Cape Police, Cape Mounted Rifles and also under what appears to be Cmdt Frost 1877 1878.
My question is, is thereanyone who can help with information regarding the Cape Police CMR and Cmdt Frost or is there some information that I can access online?
Thank You in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Robert Thomas Parsons Eastern Province Horse Regiment 6 years 8 months ago #54728

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
They should be some papers in Cape Town archives for any service in the CP and CMR, I am sure that, as and when, Adrian sees your post, he may well have something to tell you.
As mentioned in your original thread on this man, because, he had served in the WPMR, hopefully, his original paper may be extant at Kew, if so, it may contain additional details not shown on his EPH paper.

RobDon wrote: Hi, my great great grandfather Robert Thomas Parsons serviced in the second ABO in the Eastern Province Horse Regiment, I found his Attestation papers on this site. I see that he says that he served in the Cape Police, Cape Mounted Rifles and also under what appears to be Cmdt Frost 1877 1878.
My question is, is thereanyone who can help with information regarding the Cape Police CMR and Cmdt Frost or is there some information that I can access online?
Thank You in advance

The following user(s) said Thank You: RobDon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds