Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Questions on The American Scouts and Guerrilla Warfare 5 years 1 month ago #62662

• Burton B.
  • Burton B.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Yes, the avatar is of Colonel Blake.
  • Thank you received: 1
I've recently become enamored by the stories surrounding the Second Boer War and The American Scouts. I've been looking for inspiration to write a novel for some time and I would really like to base it off of the exploits of the American Scouts from during the War. But before I went ahead with the novel I wanted to learn more about the history of the A. Scouts and the guerrilla war of the later years.

1. When the volunteer groups were disbanded, how did they get back home? I have heard they escaped through Mozambique, but what about after that?

2. Were there Americans that decided to stick it out with the Boers up until 1902? (Aside from Colonel Blake)

3. How did Boer forces communicate orders in the guerrilla stage of the war? Or did their commandos act independently of each other at that point?

4. When the war ended, did any bitter-enders miss the memo and kept fighting for a bit?

5. What happened to Boers that didn't swear allegiance to Britain and give up their rifles? Death? Exile?

6. Did winter play a big role in the conflict? (Ex. When fighting could be done.)

7. How did Boers supply themselves during the guerilla stage of the war? Did they raid farms for food or did they hunt food themselves?

8. Lastly, did the foreign volunteers have any notable difficulty fighting alongside Boers? (Ex. Language barriers)

Again, I can't thank you enough for giving me your time and hope you have a nice day.
Non-Necessarily,
Burton B.
(My Email is "[email protected]" if you wish to contact me privately)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.399 seconds