Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Brabants Horse 11 years 9 months ago #4433

• Stephen Bayley
  • Stephen Bayley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 32
Thanks Frank,

Yes my GG is Walter Braham Bayley. I did not know he had enlisted in East London, appreciate that info. We were established colonials farming sheep in NZ at Te Karaka at that time. Wool was a good commodity at that time. GG I am told was an accomplished horseman. I prefer the iron horse these days maybe something in the genes. At least I ride Triumph only, models built in GB no less!!

Tpr Riddell info is great. Thanks, I guess I need to join the a.com website to dig around to find personal and war records?

Cheers Stephen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Brabants Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4746

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Stephen,
I'm sorry, I managed to miss your last post, WO126 is not on line, if you are prepared to wait, I think I can help you, Riddel is one thing but your own family is something else, though both are worth having.
If you cannot wait and want it asap then you can either board an aircraft and get yourself over here or you can engage to services of a researcher.
Just don't expect to much, most of the attestation papers are there but not all, Brabant's was one of the larger corps.
We are talking about only a single piece of paper in both cases and perhaps a second with the fellows discharge details and thats it, but your GG will have signed it!
It would be no problem to take a look in WO126 as soon as is possible, I have a long backlog to get through! :(
Frank

Re: Brabants Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4762

• Stephen Bayley
  • Stephen Bayley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 32
Frank,

Thanks for your offer. Work has been getting in the way of medal collecting and researching!! The thought of jumping a plane to London at the moment is probably the last thing I can or would like to do with the Olympics, Jubilee Year etc happening there. Likely to bob up in Blighty at some time in the future as we colonials do. Maybe an opportunity to say Hi to a few Forum Members at that time if we can swing it.

If you can help us out that would be great. I do have GG's original discharge certificate from BH dated 27th March 1901 in my care amongst other family treasures.

Cheers
Stephen

Re: Brabants Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4768

• Frank Kelley
Hello Stephen,
Okay, will not be a problem, given time.
Regards Frank

Re: Brabants Horse 11 years 7 months ago #5513

• Frank Kelley
Hello Stephen,
Here is your Great Grandfather in WO126 at Kew, I can imagine what it means to you and thought about that as I looked at his signature on the original, if you pm me and let me know what you want me to do, I can send you the copy via airmail if you wish.
Regards Frank

Attachments:

Re: Brabants Horse 11 years 7 months ago #5514

• Frank Kelley
Stephen,
I guess it must be Monday morning in New Zealand, its now getting towards bedtime here :woohoo: , so I'll talk to you tomorrow, let me know what you want me to do.
Regards Frank

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds