Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DEOVR and NATAL RANGERS. Enlistment papers or nominal rolls. 11 years 8 months ago #4972

• Nick Tucker
  • Nick Tucker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Last year I acquired the KSA Medal (with both clasps) to 2410 Cpl E. Tucker, DEOVRC, and the Natal Rebellion Medal with 1906 clasp to Pte E S Tucker, Natal Rangers. They came from the same source and I my gut feeling is that they are one and the same man. (He was also entitled to the QSA (CC clasp)).

I have the medal rolls for his Boer War medals, and the Natal Medal Roll book in which he is listed. But that is as far as I can get. I have been to the National Archives and searched their records to no avail.

Does anyone know a source of enlistment papers for these two units or any nominal rolls which might throw more light on biographical details?

Nick Tucker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: DEOVR and NATAL RANGERS. Enlistment papers or nominal rolls. 11 years 8 months ago #4975

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Good morning Nick,
You will find some DEOVR papers in WO126/44 at Kew, note I said some, I think in the case of your Natal Rangers, I would have a chat with Jenny Duckworth in Pietermaritzburg, [email protected]
Regards Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds