Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

THE RETURN OF LORD KITCHENER 8 years 9 months ago #41899

• QSAMIKE
  • QSAMIKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1881
Good Morning Everyone.......

Just thought that I would post some photos of this handkerchief that I found on the weekend.....
It is very very fragile and I am surprised that it has survived over 110 years, maybe because it is in a frame.......

Mike

OFFICIAL PROGRAMME AND SOUVENIR OF

LORD KITCHENER’S RETURN FROM SOUTH AFRICA

Lord Kitchener will arrive at Paddington Station about 1 o’clock and will be met by the Prince of Wales (representing the King), the Commander-in-Chief and the Headquarters Staff of the Army, and will proceed to St. James Palace by the following route:

London Street, across Grand Junction Road, Devonport Street, Clifton Street, Sussex Square (east side), Victoria Gate, The Magazine, North of Serpentine, Aspley Gate, Constitution Hill, The Mall to St. James’s Palace

The following troops will line the route: 1st Life Guards, 2nd Life Guards, Royal Horse Guards, H Battery Royal Horse Artillery, 2nd Provisional Regiment of Dragoons, 2nd Provisional Regiment of Hussars, 3rd Provisional Regiment of Hussars, 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards, 3rd Battalion Coldstream Guards, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, 4th Battalion Royal Fusiliers, 4th Battalion Middlesex Regiment, 3rd Battalion Manchester Regiment, 2nd Battalion Highland Light Infantry, 5th Battalion Royal Garrison Regiment, 2nd Provisional Battalion, 3rd Provisional Battalion and a detachment of Militia and Royal Engineers.

PEACE WITH HONOUR
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

THE RETURN OF LORD KITCHENER 3 months 2 weeks ago #93593

• Smethwick
  • Thank you received: 823
"Lord Kitchener homeward bound" and passing through Deelfontein.

From an album which belonged to a medic who was based at No.21 General Hospital, Deelfontein from April 1901 to November 1902. (The album is now part of the Wellcome Collection).
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moranthorse1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.597 seconds