Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Robert Wotton of the South African War Virtual Library - anyone know him? 5 years 10 months ago #58765

• rdarby
  • rdarby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 119
I am trying to track Robert Wotton of the South African War Virtual Library website, which is www.bowlerhat.com.au/

He has biographies of people from the war, including my man Tremeer, and has some facts I had not seen before including a letter that does not come up. I am hoping he is still around to try get his sources from. The site says he lives here in Brisbane, but his email address doesn't work.

Anyone know him?

Cheers
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Robert Wotton of the South African War Virtual Library - anyone know him? 5 years 4 months ago #61321

• bowlerhat
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Ryan,

Bit of a late response as i only found this thread while looking for Robert Wotton, did you happen to find him? As i'm also looking for him.

I'm the one who found the site and restored it, it was referenced in a book The European History Highway, the site hadn't been around since 2007/8 so i purchased it and restored it with what i could find archived but i still want to contact Robert so i can further verify his sources.

Robert Wotton of the South African War Virtual Library - anyone know him? 5 years 4 months ago #61351

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500

Summary

This specialized edition of The History Highway 3.0 guides users to the incredible amount of information on European history available on the Internet like no other resource. It covers thousands of sites, and the CD-ROM features the entire contents as PDF files with live links, so that users can put the disk into their computers, go online, and click directly to the sites. In addition, the best sites for researchers of every type are highlighted as "Editors Choice," and there is also helpful information on Internet research and evaluating information in an online environment.

Published 2002. www.crcpress.com/The-European-History-Hi...p/book/9780765609052
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

Robert Wotton of the South African War Virtual Library - anyone know him? 5 years 4 months ago #61352

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Bowlerhat,

I was interested to read about your actions. What happens with copyright in these situations?
Dr David Biggins

Robert Wotton of the South African War Virtual Library - anyone know him? 5 years 4 months ago #61364

• rdarby
  • rdarby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 119
I’ve never found him or anyone who has heard of him.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.431 seconds