Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Very Interesting Auction...... 11 years 8 months ago #4627

• QSAMIKE
  • QSAMIKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1873
Here is some more from an auction that I think will have something for everyone.....

I understand that they normally do not have a lot of British items......

There are lots of good medals including 2 - 2 Bar Transport Medals.......

Had a look again and I don't know how I missed this one:

The Chine War Medal (1900) was instituted for service during the Boxer Rebellion and the subsequent punitive expeditions. This rare version of the China War Medal has the clasp for the Defence of Legations, the most desirable of the three campaign clasps in this conflict. The Defense of Legations clasp was awarded to 80 Royal Marines and a number of "old men" of the British Legation Guard. For 55 days the Legation Guard aided the defence of the Legation Quarter in Peking where 900 military personnel and civilians with about 2,800 Chinese Christians took refuge and survived a siege by the Chinese Imperial Army. The New York Sun referred to the siege as "the most exciting episode ever known to civilization." The rim of the silver medal is marked "G.T. JONES, PTE., R.M.L..I." The ribbon is crimson with yellow edges. The obverse has the bust of Queen Victoria and the reverse is a trophy of arms inscribed "CHINA/1900". Comes with a copy George Thomas Jones service record

nextauctionguns.com/pv/nextmain.php

Click on European......

Mike

Oh I better say that I have no connection with the auction house but there are some fantastic things in it.....
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds