• Page:

TOPIC:

ABW site's 15th anniversary 4 years 5 months ago #66963

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4517
November 26th marks 15 years since the ABW site was launched.

Since then there have been over 16 million pageviews. The last year has seen 126,000 visitors. While many visitors do not return after their initial visit, there is a core of members who contribute to the site and make it what it is today.

The forum contains over 63,000 posts covering nearly 20,000 topics. Some of the threads have a great many posts and views. For example the Indian Contingent thread has over 122,000 views.

The willingness of members of the site to research the Boer War and its many participants, upload their work and images and share their knowledge and information to further our understanding and help others is quite phenomenal and stands out to me as the most important element of the site and contribution to information on the ABW.

There are many people who spend their time adding to the body of knowledge on the site and others who keep the forum focused on the ABW. I very much appreciate these contributions as I am sure do the many people who benefit from them. Re-uniting medals that have been separated for years, returning medals to families and connecting people to their ancestry are some of the great features of the site.

I am very much looking forward to the next year of the site and to learning and sharing more about the ABW.
Dr David Biggins
The following user(s) said Thank You: QSAMIKE, David Grant, jim51, BereniceUK, Frank Kelley, absentminded beggar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ABW site's 15th anniversary 4 years 5 months ago #66965

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
David
I can only echo your sentiments. I regard the site as extremely useful (indeed, outstanding) both for the researcher and for those who wish to share or seek knowledge on a particular aspect. Yours truly is no internet trawler of any extent or ability; however, visiting and perhaps being a member of interested groups in other fields makes me realise just how well managed and polite David's site actually is. Certain other Forums could do well to emulate abw.com.
Congratulations on conceiving and maintaining a remarkable resource.
Best regards
IL.

ABW site's 15th anniversary 4 years 5 months ago #66966

• QSAMIKE
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1879
Good Morning David......

It took me 6 years to find the forum and now have been a member for 9 years..... I must admit that at times when I cannot get on line or there are problems I am anxious as to when it will come back..... It is just like missing a very old friend..... I have learned many new things, clarified many old things, met many new friends and read some great research..... There is no way that I can fully say “Thank You David” for all that you have done to keep this forum going, I just hope that you know that the members of the forum appreciate it very very much.....

Here is to another 15 years and many more.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

ABW site's 15th anniversary 4 years 5 months ago #66967

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
Hi David
Thanks to you for keeping the ABW site healthy and functioning extremely well for 15 years .....
Henk

ABW site's 15th anniversary 4 years 5 months ago #66977

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
This is certainly a most unusual and very unique site.

ABW site's 15th anniversary 4 years 5 months ago #66987

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2147
Let me add my thanks and gratitude to you David and your late brother Chris for what has turned out to be the leading Boer War resource available anywhere on the net.

Here's to another 15!

Regards

Rory

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.911 seconds