Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Baden Powells Christmas 1902 Gift to the South African Constabulary 8 years 1 week ago #46365

• Baden Powell
  • Baden Powell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 34
For years I have owned a small pocket notebook with a thin pencil inserted in the spine. Embossed in gold print on the black pebbled leather cover is SOUTH AFRICAN CONSTABULARY and inside of the cover is written " With Best Wishes from R Baden Powell Xmas : 1902" . A signature inside is Edward B. Terry. The notebook is otherwise blank. I note an E. Terry listed on the SAC Roll. Comments Please. Any more out there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Baden Powells Christmas 1902 Gift to the South African Constabulary 8 years 1 week ago #46367

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1883

Baden Powell wrote: For years I have owned a small pocket notebook with a thin pencil inserted in the spine. Embossed in gold print on the black pebbled leather cover is SOUTH AFRICAN CONSTABULARY and inside of the cover is written " With Best Wishes from R Baden Powell Xmas : 1902" . A signature inside is Edward B. Terry. The notebook is otherwise blank. I note an E. Terry listed on the SAC Roll. Comments Please. Any more out there?

He also gave out a small change purse...... It had his head / bust embossed in gold on it.......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Baden Powells Christmas 1902 Gift to the South African Constabulary 8 years 1 week ago #46368

• Baden Powell
Now that I have never seen. Where can I find one ? Thank you for your reply.

Baden Powells Christmas 1902 Gift to the South African Constabulary 8 years 1 week ago #46388

• QSAMIKE
Here is the best picture I can get......

Knowing how much they would have been used I am surprised that it survived.....

Mike

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
O.M.R.S. 1591
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baden Powell

Baden Powells Christmas 1902 Gift to the South African Constabulary 8 years 1 week ago #46394

• Baden Powell
QSAMike. Now for a proper thank you for the pic of the coin purse. This was my first post and what a reply. I really appreciate your response. I just noted your OMSA #, mine is # 1506. So we are contemporaries. FYI I live near Houston, Texas and have had an interest in the ABW since 1953. Unfortunately I had to set aside this interest for a few years. Now I am back into it. Thanks again, James Suchma

Baden Powells Christmas 1902 Gift to the South African Constabulary 8 years 1 week ago #46399

• QSAMIKE
Hi James.......

Welcome to the forum......

The 1591 is my membership number in Orders and Medals Research Society of Great Britain, my old O.M.S.A. number used to be 927......

Not a member anymore, maybe I should join again, but they did not have much in my filed many years ago......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
O.M.R.S. 1591

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.138 seconds