Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Graphic Novel writer, Jacobus Gideon Louis Nieuwoudt. 9 years 7 months ago #21747

• Swerfer
  • Swerfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Am I glad to have found this site!

Hello to all. My name is Jacobus Gideon Louis Nieuwoudt and I am a Graphic Novel writer, independent, of course. And. My first published work is of course about this here war. Or, the war sets the background. Yes. You can find it here, it's called Kommando Jan. Afrikaans: comics.drivethrustuff.com/product/133080...anufacturers_id=7086
English: comics.drivethrustuff.com/product/133081...anufacturers_id=7086

It's from my people's point of view (of course, since I am of my people.) with a whole lot of modern conventions thrown into the mix. Plus, even though it seems like the characters are hating on The English, if you look closely you will notice that the writer, that is I, cannot help but to bring homage to all of my favorite British TV Shows and Actors. That's just how life works I guess, we become a Republic and you guys go on home to start a comedic revolution.

This is a wonderful site, especially when it comes to the facts of the matter, I look forward to working with all of you on a subject we all seem to feel so
very strongly about!

Kind Regards,

Jgl Nieuwoudt

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Graphic Novel writer, Jacobus Gideon Louis Nieuwoudt. 9 years 7 months ago #21761

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Swerfer,

I haven't read any graphic novels and certainly not see any on the Boer War. I wasn't sure whether to remove your post due to the advertising content or leave it as information for others. I ended up deciding on the latter approach.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swerfer

Graphic Novel writer, Jacobus Gideon Louis Nieuwoudt. 9 years 7 months ago #21780

• BereniceUK
  • Thank you received: 2294
Last time I was in the US I bought an excellent graphic book about the Harlem Hellfighters, the first African-American regiment to fight in the Great War. brooklynwargaming.com/2014/04/14/the-har...hters-by-max-brooks/ (Terrific contemporary poster and photos at the link)

Graphic books can be a really good way of giving a story the full impact it deserves.

Jacobus, are there any plans to have a print-version of 'Kommando Jan'?

Graphic Novel writer, Jacobus Gideon Louis Nieuwoudt. 9 years 7 months ago #21781

• Swerfer
  • Swerfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi BereniceUK,

Yes, I do enjoy the medium, the French and the Dutch are masters of the format. I especially love it when it's based around historical events, So I'll definitely check Harlem Hellraisers out!

Honestly, maybe somewhere in the future, right now, digital is the way to go for myself. But, there are other options for people that want it in Print, like print on demand services for example. I also prefer to hold the material in my hands, but with digital I cover more ground, and on a variety of devices.

Graphic Novel writer, Jacobus Gideon Louis Nieuwoudt. 6 years 8 months ago #54602

• elrika
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
jakobus, ek soek rond en sien vanoggend hierdie. ek bied kampe aan vir kinders oor die ABO. die nuwe geslag benodig beslis hierdie tipe grafiese materiaal. waar kan ons dit in die hande kry?

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.530 seconds