Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ancestry: Trooper Lionel Plomer Ball 63rd company 1st battalion (Wiltshire) 12 years 7 months ago #1134

• DanF
  • DanF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

My name is Daniel and I am currently researching my partners Great Grandfather.
He served in both the Boer War as well as the 1st & 2nd World War.
We believe he started his career as a trooper in the 63rd battalion 1st Division (Wiltshire). Soldier no: 11653
After the Boar War we believe he then went on to serve in World War I however this time as a -LT.COL.
We know this because his British War Medal and Victory Medal's are engraved on the outer rim.
We have managed to keep his medals together and intact. After researching medals there are now two of particular interest to us. The first is the Croix de Guerre and the second is a medal for Distinguished Service Order. We are trying (albeit a long shot) to try and accertain how he got these medals (especially the Croix de Gruerre).
I am also interested in (and this is the reason why I have joined) finding out as much info as possible about his regiment and the part they played.
If there is anyone out there who may have any suggestions on how to obtain said information then I would very much like to hear from you.

Many thanks,
Daniel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds