Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lilywhites Hussars research from USA 5 years 2 weeks ago #62786

• CynBro
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your response. I noticed another son, Arthur Douglas Haig May who may have been the youngest. They were all listed on Christina's DN. My Grandmother was Jessie who married Theo Bruning and had 3 children - my mother Lorraine being one. I can't seem to find anything more about the May family. Would love to place Frederic Hambrook May's parents on my tree, as well as Christina's.

My parents are Lorraine Bruning and Ivan Milligan and I live in small town in the Western Cape, SA. Pleased to make contact!
Warmest Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lilywhites Hussars research from USA 5 years 2 weeks ago #62788

• Hambrook
  • Hambrook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Nice to hear from you. You must be my second cousin. Jessie was my Aunt (I knew her well when I was little) and Lorraine is my 1st cousin. She may remember me. I am Jock May's daughter. My maiden name was May. My brother was George. There was no son of Frederick and Christina called Arthur. However, Frederick's father's name was Arthur May. Frederick Hambrook May was born in 1870 in Canterbury, Kent, England, son of Arthur and Louisa Lavinia May. Louisa Lavina's maiden name was Bradford. I have Frederick Hambrook May's birth certificate with his parents names on it and I have his father, Arthur May's birth certificate. Also Christina's maiden name was Rebb not Webb. I know the Cape well.
Kindest regards

Lilywhites Hussars research from USA 2 years 6 months ago #78397

• CynBro
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi. I was so sure I had responded to your last message, but I obviously didn't, and then I have been without internet for a while. Unfortunately I bring news of my mother, who passed away in January 2020. I did speak of you to my mother, and she did remember you. I trust you are well. Warm Regards, Cynthia.
My email is [email protected]

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds