• Page:

TOPIC:

Greetings from sunny ireland 12 years 3 months ago #1714

• trevorkee
  • trevorkee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
such a lot of information here,i stumbled upon this site looking for information about my g grandfather john james kee inniskilling fusilers and his brother william kee indian regt i have johns medal with a ladysmith clasp and think he may have been wounded william was supposed to have been on the siege reliving side and think he got a queens medal and a kings medal as well,i think william went on to become a conductor in the indian army and died in australia about 1937,dont know where any of his medals went,great site,i have some military photos that could be from this time,although im not sure because another brother fought in basara in the ww1 and i was told they used boer war guns and equiptment there,,would anyone have any ideas how to date these photos,,thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Greetings from sunny ireland 12 years 3 months ago #1715

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Trevor,

Ireland has many claims to fame but sunny - really? I was scraping the ice from my car again this morning :(

Why don't you upload the photos and we can have a look for you.

Welcome to the site too!
David
Dr David Biggins

Re: Greetings from sunny ireland 12 years 3 months ago #1716

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
I had a quick check on J J Kee but only found 2677 L Cpl W J Kee, 1st R Innisk Fus, with clasps CC & RoL, a note says invalided to England. There is also a Staff Sergeant W J Kee listed under the Indian Army rolls with a 2 clasp KSA. Is that your ggf?
Dr David Biggins

Re: Greetings from sunny ireland 12 years 3 months ago #1725

• trevorkee
  • trevorkee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the welcome,i know sunny, ,if the tourists really knew the type of weather we get over here we would see no-one, planes would even refuse to fly to it,,i think you are right about my relations j kee was 2677 i have his medal w j kee had two numbers 7203 and 2706 he transfered from the inniskillins to indian regt this site lists him as mentioned in dispatches but nothing about why,coming from ireland im sure he didnt invent sun tan oil,there was another person an s kee 8723 a son of j kee he was in basara died a pow thats why im confused with all the photos,i will try and post a few photos up and see what you think,thanks again,trevor

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds