• Page:

TOPIC:

Frank Bigmore 5 years 4 months ago #61294

• loisvormittag
  • loisvormittag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
My grandfather served in the 7th Dragoon Guards 1901-03. His name F Bigmore reg no 5024 rank private .I recently found this website with his name listed . He was one of the lucky ones to survive the war though did have lingering effects from typhoid.
Aside from this I have a small scrapbook that was put together by someone south of London Ontario Canada. Many pages from the newspaper were glued into an old book. These articles include names and engravings of generals, captains etc. Also pictures of battles, maps of the war zone etc. Dates are around 1900 + from newspaper ——— Herald and Weekly Star not sure of first part. Many articles concern Canadians involved in the battles . Also editorial cartoons. A bit difficult to scan but if at interested I can try to send more to you. Will attempt to send with this note

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Frank Bigmore 5 years 4 months ago #61295

• loisvormittag
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit

loisvormittag wrote: My grandfather served in the 7th Dragoon Guards 1901-03. His name F Bigmore reg no 5024 rank private .I recently found this website with his name listed . He was one of the lucky ones to survive the war though did have lingering effects from typhoid.
Aside from this I have a small scrapbook that was put together by someone south of London Ontario Canada. Many pages from the newspaper were glued into an old book. These articles include names and engravings of generals, captains etc. Also pictures of battles, maps of the war zone etc. Dates are around 1900 + from newspaper ——— Herald and Weekly Star not sure of first part. Many articles concern Canadians involved in the battles . Also editorial cartoons. A bit difficult to scan but if at interested I can try to send more to you. Will attempt to send with this note

Frank Bigmore 5 years 4 months ago #61296

• loisvormittag
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Attempting to send pics..not sure how to get there

Frank Bigmore 5 years 4 months ago #61300

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
loisvormittag,

Once your picture is of the right size, you can click on Attachments, navigate to the file, choose it (or them) and then insert them into the body of the post.

Good luck!
Dr David Biggins

Frank Bigmore 5 years 4 months ago #61301

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
If you don not already have them, his service papers are available online (at cost) from Findmypast

Bigmore, Frank James, British Army Service Records. From Sawston, Cambridge
Dr David Biggins

Frank Bigmore 5 years 4 months ago #61303

• loisvormittag
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
We have service discharge papers,albeit dirty linen.. a medal
Have resized news articles sent one but not sure where it will appear. These articles are very interesting mostly on Canadian divisions. Is there an email address I can send to you directly and you can decide on whether you want them. I also have a picture of F Bigmore in uniform.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.879 seconds