• Page:

TOPIC:

Introduction 4 years 8 months ago #64888

• davejhb
  • davejhb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. I am David Naude. I am researching my great grandfather who was David Francois Naude. I would like to see if I can gain information on his time of service in the Boer war. He resided in the Western Cape and moved to Lichtenburg to fight the British forces somewhere before or after the war started. I think he served under General De la Rey. He was one of the founding members of the NWK in Lichtenburg with General De la Rey. I have seen the document with their signatures. Apparently he also spied at concentration camps as he was one of very few burgers who could speak english well. I see there was a David Francois Naude enlisted in Marico. Apparently my great grandmother and other boer families hid from the British at Oom Paul se Gat somewhere close to Rustenburg. I have a painting done by one of my grandfathers brothers painted in 1926 on the farm of General De la Rey.
I am excited to see what I can find out about him. These guys were cut from a different cloth, and everything about the war fascinates me. Really happy about this platform.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduction 4 years 8 months ago #64890

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4508
Welcome to the forum David.

If you contact Dewald Nel (email address is in Contacts on the top menu), he will be able to supply the forms completed by D F Naude and when there you may be able to ascertain if it is your ggf. Dewald will be able to let you know the relevant prices.

Good luck!
David
Dr David Biggins
The following user(s) said Thank You: davejhb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds