Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Order of clasps Percy Richard Cuming 4th Imperial Bushmen 4 years 4 months ago #66906

• Helencuming
  • Helencuming's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Can anybody help me, I am having another replacement Medal for my Husband. This time it is the Queens South Africa Medal. He was awarded ?5clasps, we know what four were Cape Colony, Orange Free State, Transvaal, and South Africa. The makers of the medal want to know what order they were awarded.
We have been unable to find anything about the fifth. We presume that the fifth was an unofficial clasp. Percy stated in a application form to the Company of Master Mariners in 1932, that he had five clasps
Helen Cuming

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Order of clasps Percy Richard Cuming 4th Imperial Bushmen 4 years 4 months ago #66912

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1527
Helen
Welcome to the Forum. "Percy Richard Cuming" served as No.12, Private in the 4th Queensland Imperial Bushmen. His QSA medal would have carried the clasps "Cape Colony", "Orange Free State", "Transvaal" and "South Africa 1901". The order of clasps are as shown above; "Cape Colony" being closest to the medal's suspension. As the contingent returned home in July 1901, he would not have been entitled to the "South Africa 1902" clasp unless he had remained in SA and joined another local unit.
Regards
IL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

Order of clasps Percy Richard Cuming 4th Imperial Bushmen 4 years 4 months ago #66913

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Helen,

If you scroll down this page, the order of all clasps is shown: www.angloboerwar.com/medals-and-awards/b...s-south-africa-medal

Kind regards
David
Dr David Biggins

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds