• Page:

TOPIC:

Concentration Camps 4 years 4 months ago #67201

• janhviljoen
  • janhviljoen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Glaring in its absence is any account of concentration camps in South Africa during the Boer War. These were a most important part of the British offensive. An excellent account is available at:
libcom.org/library/women-children-white-...o-boer-war-1900-1902
At the very least readers should be referred to this and similar accounts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Concentration Camps 4 years 4 months ago #67202

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
janhviljoen,

Thank you for this link to a detailed article on the concentration camps which I agree with you is a very important aspect of the Boer War.

When you say 'glaring in its absence' I am not sure if you are referring to this site or more broadly in literature or on the internet? There is a section on this site on concentration camps. The introductory page has been visited over 23,000 times. The four pages on concentration camps have a combined total of over 61,000 page views. There are 275 forum posts which contain the words 'concentration camp'. The topic is also well covered in many of the 100 books on this site.

Kind regards
David
Dr David Biggins

Concentration Camps 4 years 4 months ago #67224

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 452

djb wrote: janhviljoen,

Thank you for this link to a detailed article on the concentration camps which I agree with you is a very important aspect of the Boer War.

When you say 'glaring in its absence' I am not sure if you are referring to this site or more broadly in literature or on the internet? There is a section on this site on concentration camps. The introductory page has been visited over 23,000 times. The four pages on concentration camps have a combined total of over 61,000 page views. There are 275 forum posts which contain the words 'concentration camp'. The topic is also well covered in many of the 100 books on this site.

Kind regards
David

Good response David.
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds