• Page:

TOPIC:

Thomas Percy Dawson 4 years 2 months ago #67412

• johnriley291
  • johnriley291's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I registered on this site because it came up in a search I did for a relative who fought in South Africa. I found a post on the forum (#62686) which looked as if it had been sourced from my online tree at Ancestry.co.uk (including a family photograph); but there was one detail which I did not have, and I thought it was worth taking further. Lieutenant (later Colonel) Dawson was my grandfather's first cousin, and I have newspaper cuttings from the South African war and World War 1 which mention him by name. The post I found related to Lt. Dawson's medals which had been purchased online, and I would be interested to hear from member RobCT where he found his background information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thomas Percy Dawson 3 years 3 days ago #75556

• GEverett
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello John Riley -
I saw this post in relation to a connection I believe we have on Ancestry. It relates to my mother's grandmother - Emma Dixon (nee Grainge). There is a photo of a woman with a child referenced Emma (Granny) Dixon and also refers to John and Edith Dixon - my mother's grandfather and mother - that was posted by you in 2009. I never met my Great Grandmother Emma (I live in Canada) and have no photos of her. I would love to receive this photo and to know who the child is. I also recently discovered that my paternal GGrandfather fought in the Boer War so this forum looks hopeful for finding more information.
I would very much appreciate hearing from you - please contact me at [email protected] Gilda Everett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds