Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Israel (Edwin) Jeater and George Mansfield Robinson 3 years 10 months ago #69815

• Robbo48
  • Robbo48's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for looking for him for me I truly appreciate it.
Where would be the best place to apply for his service records?
Best regards
Helen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Israel (Edwin) Jeater and George Mansfield Robinson 3 years 10 months ago #69816

• Robbo48
  • Robbo48's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
David,
Thankyou so much for the information & the attachments
I didn't expect to find anywhere near that much information about my grandfather.
I only have one photo of him in uniform and a few stories my mother (Doris Jeater) told me that her dad used to tell his sons about the Boer war, they were -
That their uniforms were totally unsuitable to be worn in India & then South Africa because of the heat . He said that when they came across a Boer household they would steal the clothes off the washing line to wear under their uniforms to stop the itching that the heat caused them to suffer.
He also said he was chosen to teach Lord Roberts daughter to ride a horse as he was the best rider in his regiment.
And that he was shot in the elbow in South Africa and met Winston Churchill who visited the hospital he had been moved to.
Helen
Attachments:

Israel (Edwin) Jeater and George Mansfield Robinson 3 years 10 months ago #69818

• LinneyI
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1537
Helen
As David said, you could try one or other of the commercial on-line sites. Sometime they have "free" searches. As I am certainly not an on-line ace, I have my research done by Kevin Asplin - but for a one off, the first option would be better. The pics you posted on another thread are interesting. Sometimes, the NSW "Town and Country" newspaper on Trove has group pics of the various NSWIB squadrons.
Regards
IL.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds