• Page:

TOPIC:

Great Grandfather Thomas Arthur Price 2 months 3 weeks ago #95812

• Chapman
  • Chapman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
My Great Grandfather Thomas Arthur Price, known as Arthur, served as a Private in the 1st Battalion of the Rifle Brigade in South Africa. His regiment number was 6105. I don’t think he is registered on this site and I would like him to be added. He died on his birthday at the second battle of Ypres in 1915.

He was born in Cradley Heath and resided latterly at 49 Holte Road, Aston, Birmingham with his wife Sarah and children Elsie May and Henry Arthur “Sonny”.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Great Grandfather Thomas Arthur Price 2 months 3 weeks ago #95813

• Chapman
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Evidence of service. Arthur received nomination for Kings South Africa Medal and clasps.

Great Grandfather Thomas Arthur Price 2 months 3 weeks ago #95817

• Sturgy
  • Thank you received: 337
Hi Chapman,

Lots to be proud of for your G-Grandfather who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Looks like he was killed at Shell Trap farm near Ypres on 13 May 1915 where they (1st Btn Rifle Brigade) were heavily shelled and temporarily captured by the Germans and then again by the Rifle Brigade. Very little trace was found of those who fell on that day.

You probably have these records but just for completeness here are some of his records:

QSA:

KSA:

WW1:

Speak my name so that I may live again
Attachments:

Great Grandfather Thomas Arthur Price 2 months 3 weeks ago #95818

• Chapman
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thank you, I didn’t know that detail. I have one of those documents, but not all. They confirm he took part in the Relief of Ladysmith, which is what i thought to be the case. He wrote diaries which passed to a great Uncle (Sonny) with his medals. I have no idea if the diaries still exist but would love to find out where they and his medals are and see them if possible.

I have a photograph of Arthur, although not in Uniform. Thank you for your kind words. I am proud of him and have acquired a cap badge from his regiment which I wear on Rememberance Day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sturgy

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.536 seconds