Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Guards Brigade Field Hospital badge. 3 years 10 months ago #69730

• Nemo
  • Nemo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
Hello All
I wonder if some fellow member who is more knowledgeable than me can answer a query which has been nagging me for a while? It concerns the badge of the Guards Brigade Field Hospital. Examples of his badge (a flaming grenade - Grenadier Guards style - with a Geneva cross superimposed) has been sold by several auction houses such as Bosleys over the years and command reasonably high prices. Examples of collar badges also appear from time to time. My question is: who wore them? I assume the RAMC men wore their own, and those orderlies - if any - from the Guards also wore their own badges. Looking at the rolls for both No (Guards) Fd Hosp and No 1 (Guards) Bearer Company, I can find only RAMC men, unless I am missing something. I assume that there would have been an Order which sets out the design of the badge and by whom it should be worn, but again I have been unable to find anything. I know also that spurious/fake examples exist, but if there are authentic badges around, they must be few and far between.
Nemo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds