Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 3 years 11 months ago #69047

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=DavidBig-ABW-PRD-5bff6a2ad-934180e3&siteid=3&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=303556614977&version=889&trackingid=djb023&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 3 years 11 months ago #69048

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4517
Many thanks, Mike!
Dr David Biggins

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 3 years 11 months ago #69049

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
A starting price of GBP 660 too
Dr David Biggins

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 3 years 11 months ago #69052

• Scooby-Doo
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 5
The pair to J Stanton are mine , BIN is £660 but open to offers. I bought these with the full intention of restarting medal collecting, particularly QSAs. Since then I've considered buying numerous QSAs but found the minefield surrounding the provenance , condition, naming , clasp entitlement etc to be too much to actually make it an enjoyable hobby. I have learned a great deal via this forum and found it an excellent resource for researching all aspects of the Boer War. Tha National archives has also been a useful source of information.
They are now for sale as I have decided that medal collecting is not for me , unfortunately.

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 3 years 11 months ago #69056

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Scooby-Doo,

I am sorry to hear that but understand.

Fingers crossed for your sale.
Dr David Biggins

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 3 years 11 months ago #69060

• Scooby-Doo
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 5
Somewhat off topic - I was watching a programme last week and the medal "expert" commented that some soldiers used to pawn their medals and would erase the name on the medal so that people wouldn't know that they'd come upon hard times.
With regard to J Stanton's medals , I wouldn't be too unhappy if I don't sell them as with having so much time on my hands during "lockdown" I might do enough research to be quite savvy about QSAs.:)

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.688 seconds