Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

DCM to 1261 Q.M. Sergeant Thomas E Hogan, 9th Battalion, KRRC 8 years 2 months ago #45124

• pjac49
  • Thank you received: 32
Pete,

Excellent. I have a silver Victorian Royal Irish Rifles cross- belt set , but you have both the full set and the family connection!

Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DCM to 1261 Q.M. Sergeant Thomas E Hogan, 9th Battalion, KRRC 8 years 3 weeks ago #45872

• petehoganirl
  • petehoganirl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Well, I've had a reply from my cousin and he has turned down my request to be custodian of Thomas' Militia LS&GC. Very disappointing, but at least I can rest assured in the knowledge that it is still in the family and will remain so, as he intends to pass the medal and all the items of family history over to another cousin once he passes on.

DCM to 1261 Q.M. Sergeant Thomas E Hogan, 9th Battalion, KRRC 7 years 10 months ago #46943

• petehoganirl
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thought I's share some pictures

The 2 originals that I have mounted together:

The replicas that I had made and mounted:

DCM to 1261 Q.M. Sergeant Thomas E Hogan, 9th Battalion, KRRC 6 years 10 months ago #53947

• petehoganirl
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Just following along from this topic, my father happened upon some of Thomas' documents and posted them to me, namely, his discharge papers, his marriage certificate and his death certificate. Interestingly, it appears that Thomas' father, William Hogan, was also a "Militia Officer" as noted on the marriage certificate. No one in the family has any knowledge beyond this in relation to his service though. Thomas joined the military aged 11 years and 236 days and did a total of 36 years 265 days of service.

DCM to 1261 Q.M. Sergeant Thomas E Hogan, 9th Battalion, KRRC 6 years 10 months ago #53948

• petehoganirl
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit

DCM to 1261 Q.M. Sergeant Thomas E Hogan, 9th Battalion, KRRC 3 years 10 months ago #69773

• jemabw2020
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Pete
I have a distant relationship via marriage to the Hogan clan.
Are you familiar with WD Hogan, the photographer and "Hogan for radio" man? He was married to one of my great aunts, Nancy Greensmith.
The common link is Mallow, Co. Cork. I've been exchanging info with various relos, and traced quite a lot of the family tree. This past week one of the 2nd cousins sent me an image of Michael Henry Hogan, on a mass card commemorating his death, so it was pretty amazing to find your blog a couple of days later and see Michael's name on Thomas' death record. If you're interested I could start to send you some of the info I've collected.
You can also contact me at: [email protected].
Hoping to hear from you soon.
John Morrissey

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.301 seconds