Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TPR. Archibald Cecil Ernest SEALE, Standerton Mounted Police 8 years 11 months ago #40769

• Adrian123456
  • Adrian123456's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 241
Hi forum members

I have just acquired a QSA to Trooper Archibald Cecil Ernest Seale, Standerton Mounted Police.
There were about 45 members of this unit.

Confirmed on roll WO 100/276 . 1901 Clasp dispatched to : C/O Wilts & Dorset Banking Co, Torquay on 9 Sept 1909.
Born January 1879 in Leicestershire, United Kingdom Death 19 July 1919 in Torquay, Devon, England.

I wondered if anyone could provide any information on Standerton Mounted Police ?

Regards

Adrian
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TPR. Archibald Cecil Ernest SEALE, Standerton Mounted Police 8 years 10 months ago #40772

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 716
Adrian

That is a fine and rare QSA and a great addition to your collection. Thank you for showing it.

I did once search in vain for information about the Standerton Mounted Police. In his book on the 'Gallantry awards of the South African Police', Terence King wrote that during the Boer War "numerous small forces were raised in towns or districts, which were not only involved in policing their specific areas during the conflict, but also saw action in support of the Imperial forces." He gives several examples of such forces, but does not mention Standerton.

After the war, the small town police forces in the Transvaal joined to become the Transvaal Town Police. The South African Constabulary patrolled the country areas. In 1908, both these groups were combined to form the Transvaal Police,

Regards
Brett
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb, Adrian123456

TPR. Archibald Cecil Ernest SEALE, Standerton Mounted Police 5 years 3 months ago #61719

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Adrian,

Did you find any information on the Standerton MP?

Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

TPR. Archibald Cecil Ernest SEALE, Standerton Mounted Police 5 years 3 months ago #61720

• Adrian123456
  • Adrian123456's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 241
Hi David

No, I tried but failed. Seems as if the Staderton Mounted Police are a mysterious unit.

Regards
Adrian

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.556 seconds