Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Something New - Sea. High. M.I. - L.N. LANCS. V.S.C. 8 years 11 months ago #41156

• QSAMIKE
  • QSAMIKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1881
Good Morning Everyone......

Not much showing up on the forum lately so I thought I would post a couple that I have picked up on our favorite auction site.....

There are a few Jewels out there the only reason I picked them up was the Rank and Unit on one and the Unit on the other and on top of that they were relatively inexpensive......

Mike

FORDHAM, G.

REG. NO.: 1390
REGT: VOLUNTEER SERVICE COMPANY LOYAL N. LANCASHIRE REGT.
BARS: CAPE COLONY, ORANGE FREE STATE, TRANSVAAL, SOUTH AFRICA 1901

COCKERILL, R.

REG. NO.: 6474
REGT: SEAFORTH HIGHLANDERS MOUNTED INFANTRY
BARS: CAPE COLONY, ORANGE FREE STATE, TRANSVAAL

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Abbott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Something New - Sea. High. M.I. - L.N. LANCS. V.S.C. 8 years 11 months ago #41159

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Very nice Mike,
Colour Sergeant Fordham's medal is a super example and quite scarce too, it represents over thirty years service, you just need to find his LSGC medal, if it still exists.
George Fordham, a 19 year old dyer, from Manchester, joined the Army, the 1st Loyal North Lancashire Regiment from the 1st Lancashire Militia on the 23rd of August 1877, appointed the rank of Lance Corporal on the 16th of June 1879, promoted to Corporal on the 27th of August that same year, appointed to Lance Sergeant on the 20th of March 1880 and again promoted to Sergeant on the 8th of September that year.
He was appointed the rank of Colour Sergeant on the 2nd of November 1885, he extended his service and became a member of the permanent staff of the 2nd Volunteer Battalion of the regiment, his QSA was awarded for his service in South Africa from the 3rd of February 1900 to the 17th of May 1901, he was discharged on the 16th of August 1907 and died on the 30th of January 1935
The following user(s) said Thank You: QSAMIKE

Something New - Sea. High. M.I. - L.N. LANCS. V.S.C. 8 years 11 months ago #41160

• QSAMIKE
  • QSAMIKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1881
Thanks Frank.....

I have gone back to the seller to see if he may still have the LSGC or at least knows where it might be......

Thanks again Frank

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.825 seconds