Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dr. Edward I Day - serial philanderer and Civil Surgeon 8 years 10 months ago #41272

• Rory
  • Rory's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2150
One of my recent acquisitions is proving to be very rewarding from a research point of view!

Dr Day came out, according to a vinaigrette in the Men of the Times, at the start of the Boer War and served with the RAMC attached to Damant's Horse/Rimington's Guides.

He claimed to have been M.I.D. but I can find no trace in the Gazette. I would also like to know if there is a way to confirm his attachment to Damant's Horse as their "in house" Doctor.

When I finally do the write up you'll see in more detail what the chap got up to but the attachment hereto should whet your appetites!!

Regards

Rory
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dr. Edward I Day - serial philanderer and Civil Surgeon 8 years 10 months ago #41274

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
Hi Rory
Day ended up in very able hands!
I initially bought it as part of my Boer War Medical Collection on the strength of the "Men of the Times" entry. I could also not verify his MiD and attachment to Damant's Horse. The MiD may have been in a submission by an officer that did not go higher up : I recently found a hand-written report that mentioned 6 men and only 3 of them finally got a mention in the LG.
Henk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds