Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

RIFLE BRIGADE PTE G KING - RELATED & MEDAL ENTITLEMENT? 6 years 9 months ago #54590

• KFS
  • KFS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there hoping someone can shed light on the medal entitlement and place this chap joined up as i think he may be my great grandfather. It is no 6468 Pte G King serving in the Rifle Brigade. I know he was issued with a QSA Medal but I'm afraid that's all I know. My family were living in the Lincolnshire and Grimsby area in the early 1900s and his name was George King. He later became a policeman in Grimsby. Many thanks if anyone can help with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RIFLE BRIGADE PTE G KING - RELATED & MEDAL ENTITLEMENT? 6 years 9 months ago #54605

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
George King, an eighteen year old labourer, from Reading Berkshire and a serving Militiaman in the 4th Oxfordshire Light Infantry, joined the Rifle Brigade on the 21st of February 1899, after very considerable service, his was discharged from the reserve on the 19th of February 1911, he gave his next of kin as his Father at number 9 School Terrace, Newtown, Reading and died in hospital there, in 1946

KFS wrote: Hi there hoping someone can shed light on the medal entitlement and place this chap joined up as i think he may be my great grandfather. It is no 6468 Pte G King serving in the Rifle Brigade. I know he was issued with a QSA Medal but I'm afraid that's all I know. My family were living in the Lincolnshire and Grimsby area in the early 1900s and his name was George King. He later became a policeman in Grimsby. Many thanks if anyone can help with this.

RIFLE BRIGADE PTE G KING - RELATED & MEDAL ENTITLEMENT? 6 years 9 months ago #54616

• KFS
  • KFS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Frank that's useful and at least I know now he isn't my relation as my great grandfather moved to Birmingham and died there. Very helpful information though. Regards Chris

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.622 seconds