Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

From the 11th Ft in Afghanistan to the C.M.R. in the Boer War - F.W. Harris 5 years 8 months ago #59993

• Rory
  • Rory's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2149
Hello Cindy Lou. I am in the UK at the moment and away from my papers. On my return I will make contact with you on your email address.

Regards

Rory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

From the 11th Ft in Afghanistan to the C.M.R. in the Boer War - F.W. Harris 5 years 8 months ago #59994

• CD121263
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Small world. I live in the UK, just 60 miles south of London.

From the 11th Ft in Afghanistan to the C.M.R. in the Boer War - F.W. Harris 5 years 8 months ago #60041

• Georgegt351
  • Thank you received: 31
HI SWB,
I know that I am probably hi-jacking Rory's excellent research but your comments about Afghan/QSA combinations caught my eye. On the British Medal Forum about a year ago I did a post on Veterans living in South Australia. Thomas Hanley of the 1st South Australian Mounted Rifles had previously served in the 92nd Highlanders in Afghanistan (medal with 3 clasps, K to K star) 5 Bar QSA (CC,OFS,J,DH,BF) with the 1st SAMR and in 1911 a Permanent Forces Beyond the Sea LSGC medal- a group not to be sighted but has never appeared on the market-a hidden gem out there somewhere.
George

From the 11th Ft in Afghanistan to the C.M.R. in the Boer War - F.W. Harris 5 years 7 months ago #60198

• CD121263
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Also, do you know if the town of Graaff Reinet featured in his life?

From the 11th Ft in Afghanistan to the C.M.R. in the Boer War - F.W. Harris 5 years 7 months ago #60199

• Rory
  • Rory's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2149
I have sent you an e-mail

From the 11th Ft in Afghanistan to the C.M.R. in the Boer War - F.W. Harris 5 years 7 months ago #60201

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 452

Georgegt351 wrote: HI SWB,
I know that I am probably hi-jacking Rory's excellent research but your comments about Afghan/QSA combinations caught my eye. On the British Medal Forum about a year ago I did a post on Veterans living in South Australia. Thomas Hanley of the 1st South Australian Mounted Rifles had previously served in the 92nd Highlanders in Afghanistan (medal with 3 clasps, K to K star) 5 Bar QSA (CC,OFS,J,DH,BF) with the 1st SAMR and in 1911 a Permanent Forces Beyond the Sea LSGC medal- a group not to be sighted but has never appeared on the market-a hidden gem out there somewhere.
George

Thanks George - great group indeed.
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds