Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Jiffy Bag Dance - Lt. E. Sinclair, Driscoll's Scouts 4 years 2 months ago #67718

• QSAMIKE
  • QSAMIKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1873
Thank you for your assistance David, greatly appreciated.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jiffy Bag Dance - Lt. E. Sinclair, Driscoll's Scouts 4 years 2 months ago #67719

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
What a lovely medal, Mike, I think I'd be delighted with that, you are quite fortunate that he enlisted into the ranks before receiving his commission as there would not have been anything in WO126 otherwise.

QSAMIKE wrote: I won this item at auction the other day..... Lieut. E. Sinclair, Driscoll's Scts.

Queen's South Africa Medal - Bars - Orange Free State, Transvaal, South Africa 1901 and 1902

This was Edmund Sinclair, Regimental Number 23070, of Driscoll's Scouts. He is on the nominal roll for Driscoll's Scouts but he is at the bottom of the page (1) and there has been a lot of additional notes added which I cannot read..... (Even have a new set of glasses as well)…..

Does anyone have a better copy or are you able to read the wording that has been written.....

The seller stated "He apparently died on active duty on January 1, 1902, but I haven't found out how, although I suspect disease." I cannot find him on any casualty list that I have also cannot find him in "B.W. Services of Military Officers.....

Has there ever been a book written on Driscoll's Scouts that any one knows of??????

Thanks for anything you all can tell me in advance.....

I have FMP and cannot find him their either.....

Here are some photos, note the inverted apostrophe like on the Strathcona's medals....

Mike

Jiffy Bag Dance - Lt. E. Sinclair, Driscoll's Scouts 4 years 1 month ago #67804

• zimscout
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello
It appears as a rather interesting story. As a collector the Driscoll Scouts regiment I would be most interested in the story.

Jiffy Bag Dance - Lt. E. Sinclair, Driscoll's Scouts 4 years 1 month ago #67805

• zimscout
  • Thank you received: 1
H G Hale wrote a book called Driscoll King of Scouts I think. But there hasn't been any specific book written about the regiment.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.782 seconds