Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Newest aquisition 376 Trooper Daniel Ballock Brabant's Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4912

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
Paul

I hope you got it for a bargain price! It will appreciate in value once David's Wepener book has been published.

Regards
Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Newest aquisition 376 Trooper Daniel Ballock Brabant's Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4913

• coldstream
  • coldstream's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 214
Brett,

I have PM'd you.

Paul :)

Brett Hendey wrote: Paul

I hope you got it for a bargain price! It will appreciate in value once David's Wepener book has been published.

Regards
Brett

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Re: Newest aquisition 376 Trooper Daniel Ballock Brabant's Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4916

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Paul,
They will only go up!
Frank

Re: Newest aquisition 376 Trooper Daniel Ballock Brabant's Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4921

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
Paul
I have PM'd a reply.
Regards
Brett

Re: Newest aquisition 376 Trooper Daniel Ballock Brabant's Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4930

• Stephen Bayley
  • Thank you received: 32
Wow that seems rich, one suspects you got this one at a discounted price to the DNW hammer price?

True, the motor car/coach has provided employment but Henry Fords mass production has taken the craft from craftmen.

Have not added to my collection of late. Think Frank is still holding onto all the BH QSA's!!

Re: Newest aquisition 376 Trooper Daniel Ballock Brabant's Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4933

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Stephen,
I agree with you and I feel that Paul payed a fair price, but, not an expensive one and got a very good text book example medal.
Now I feel the need to defend myself here, for the record, I do not have very much at all in the way of Brabants Horse, because I have always been an Imperial Light Horse, Steinaeckers Horse, Imperial Light Infantry and Natal kind of guy!
So you see, the Colonial Division, as good as they were, has had to take a back seat!
If you are going to start collecting Brabants Horse, I would first say, yes, do it, they were regarded as being the best of the Colonial Division according to some published sources including Major Tylden's The Armed Forces of South Africa etc, I agree with him!
They held a large portion of the line at Wepener, had they not been there, the resulting casualties would have been higher.
Secondly, just go out and do what Paul has done, buy a good example of a QSA with a Wepener clasp and just as Brett has said on here, before David's book "Wepener" is published! as I said to Paul, Brabants Horse was a large unit, so the medals are around at a price!
Take a look around the internet, you should soon find what you are looking for without to many problems, buying from a dealer at a fixed price is often better than buying at auction in the long term.
Having said that, I did spend a couple of hours the other day looking back through old auction cataloques, in particular City Coins!
Good Luck Stephen.

Stephen Bayley wrote: Wow that seems rich, one suspects you got this one at a discounted price to the DNW hammer price?

True, the motor car/coach has provided employment but Henry Fords mass production has taken the craft from craftmen.

Have not added to my collection of late. Think Frank is still holding onto all the BH QSA's!!

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.547 seconds