Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Recent addition Lieutenant Richard Samuel Seago Railway Pioneer Regt. 11 years 8 months ago #4864

• coldstream
  • coldstream's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 214
A new aquistion from the weekend.
Lieutenant Richard Samuel Seago 4th Railway Pioneer Regiment.
The only imformation I have for this officer is confirmation of medal rolls and Nominal roll entry on the forum.
If anyone can offer anymore information I would be most grateful.

Paul
"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Recent addition Lieutenant Richard Samuel Seago Railway Pioneer Regt. 11 years 8 months ago #4873

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Paul,
I like this, is he your first colonial officer?
Regards Frank

Re: Recent addition Lieutenant Richard Samuel Seago Railway Pioneer Regt. 11 years 8 months ago #4874

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4515
Paul,

A very nice medal and always an unexpected pleasure when medals to colonial officers are engraved.

Good luck with the research. Other than the information you have found, I am not sure what else is available on the RPR?

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

Re: Recent addition Lieutenant Richard Samuel Seago Railway Pioneer Regt. 11 years 8 months ago #4875

• coldstream
Morning Frank

He is indeed my first colonial officer.
I nearly missed it, the dealer I bought the DLI medal pointed it out to me, when I saw the engraving it made my mind up.

Paul :)

Frank Kelley wrote: Hello Paul,
I like this, is he your first colonial officer?
Regards Frank

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Re: Recent addition Lieutenant Richard Samuel Seago Railway Pioneer Regt. 11 years 8 months ago #4876

• coldstream
David

Thank you for your comments.
Yes my research has come to a dead end apart from medal and the nominal roll, very happy with my purchase though.

Paul :)

djb wrote: Paul,

A very nice medal and always an unexpected pleasure when medals to colonial officers are engraved.

Good luck with the research. Other than the information you have found, I am not sure what else is available on the RPR?

Best wishes
David

Re: Recent addition Lieutenant Richard Samuel Seago Railway Pioneer Regt. 11 years 8 months ago #4877

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello David,
Yes, I'm with you on the engraving, it does look nice, I've been quite lucky and the last few colonial officers I bought were engraved examples, Price of Wales Light Horse and Jo'burg Mounted Rifles etc, also, the fact that they had served in the ranks of units that are in WO126 prior to gaining their commissions, so at least there are some papers to be had.
Sometimes you see the odd pair too with a engraved QSA and an impressed KSA!
Regards Frank.

djb wrote: Paul,

Best wishes
David

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.706 seconds