Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bronze QSA : Burma Mounted Infantry 11 years 2 months ago #7770

• Henk Loots
  • Henk Loots's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 443

Hi everybody

I have a Bronze QSA to 21 Sweeper Rooldu, Burma Mounted Infantry.

Any thoughts as to on what QSA roll he would be listed?

Thanks in anticipation

Henk
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Bronze QSA : Burma Mounted Infantry 11 years 2 months ago #7784

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
Hi Henk

Thank you for sharing another of your rarities. Since I started on the trail of the mythical Natal bronze QSA's, I have developed an unexpected interest in this medal. Thanks to you, Munroe and David G, there has been plenty on this forum to maintain the interest.

Regards
Brett

Re: Bronze QSA : Burma Mounted Infantry 11 years 2 months ago #7788

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Good morning Henk,
That is a very interesting question, it is also one that has got me rather annoyed, as I cannot find an answer, but, a lovely medal though!
Regards Frank

Re: Bronze QSA : Burma Mounted Infantry 11 years 2 months ago #7794

• Henk Loots
  • Henk Loots's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 443

Hi Brett and others

I have been intrigued by bronze QSA's, ever since buying 3 of them from City Coins in Jan 1973 for respectively R40, R35 and R35.
They were actually very expensive compared with other Boer War medals and also illustrative of how collecting preferences and pricing tendencies change over the years: On the same sale I bought a 3-bar QSA plus KSA to the A&S Highlanders for R11.50, a 6-bar QSA plus KSA to the Coldstream Gds for R26- and 2-bar QSA's to the Durham Lt Infy and Worcester Rgt for R6.25 each. 3 months earlier I had acquired an ABO medal from City Coins for R55- together with a 6 bar QSA p;us KSA to the W Yorks for R18-. Queens Mediterranean medals were about R40 each and No bar QSA's to Town Guards were the "Flavour of the Year" easily selling for R70 to R100 each!

At the peak of my collection I had some 45 Bronze QSA's, but the greater majority have been disposed of over the past 10 years. I append an image of one of the interesting ones I have retained : it is to a white recipient and is impressed to MR P BATICE. He was Chef in the Officer's Mess of the 2nd Manchester Rgt

Henk
Attachments:

Re: Bronze QSA : Burma Mounted Infantry 11 years 2 months ago #7797

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Henk,
The last six bar QSA pair that I bought to the Coldstream Guards was rather more expensive than 26 Rand, but, although it is all relative, I am still rather envious, I can see how the bronze examples were very expensive, they are, however, also rather rare!
Happy days indeed!
Regards Frank

OSAKSA wrote:

Hi Brett and others

I have been intrigued by bronze QSA's, ever since buying 3 of them from City Coins in Jan 1973 for respectively R40, R35 and R35.
They were actually very expensive compared with other Boer War medals and also illustrative of how collecting preferences and pricing tendencies change over the years: On the same sale I bought a 3-bar QSA plus KSA to the A&S Highlanders for R11.50, a 6-bar QSA plus KSA to the Coldstream Gds for R26- and 2-bar QSA's to the Durham Lt Infy and Worcester Rgt for R6.25 each. 3 months earlier I had acquired an ABO medal from City Coins for R55- together with a 6 bar QSA p;us KSA to the W Yorks for R18-. Queens Mediterranean medals were about R40 each and No bar QSA's to Town Guards were the "Flavour of the Year" easily selling for R70 to R100 each!

At the peak of my collection I had some 45 Bronze QSA's, but the greater majority have been disposed of over the past 10 years. I append an image of one of the interesting ones I have retained : it is to a white recipient and is impressed to MR P BATICE. He was Chef in the Officer's Mess of the 2nd Manchester Rgt

Henk

Re: Bronze QSA : Burma Mounted Infantry 11 years 2 months ago #7801

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
Henk

I tried to conjure up a mental picture of 45 bronze QSA's, but failed! I suspect that the one I have came from your collection, so I am grateful that you reduced your assemblage.

I have rearranged my wish list and bronze QSA's, which were previously nowhere, are now high on the list.

Regards
Bret

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.691 seconds