• Page:

TOPIC:

Capt Henry Hume Chisholm Baird DSO 12 years 6 months ago #1234

• drhjamieson
  • drhjamieson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I am trying to trace any descendants of Capt Henry Hume Chisholm Baird DSO (c1878-1950), husband of Margot Kerr. I believe he died in Sandwich, Kent. Any information would be gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Capt Henry Hume Chisholm Baird DSO 5 years 1 month ago #62769

• sandwich
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, Don't know if you are still looking for info re the above after all these years.
I introduce myself as the archivist of Prince's Golf Club Sandwich. Currently going through the 1930 membership booklet to highlight a members feature, in the course of these investigations,one of the names was Capt. Baird. without going through all the files I recall that he became sec of the club circa 1928 after the founding sec Lucas died. He served in that role (recollection) till circa 1938 overseeing the presentation by the Prince of Wales of his trophy which is still played for today,(meeting HRH in the process). He was also sec. when the 1932 Open Championship was held @ Prince's. His name is also on display on the Club House honours board celebrating the event.
His address is given as the Lodge Prince's Golf Club
Trust the info is of interest there may also be other 'snippets' in the archives.
Regards
John Gardner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds