• Page:

TOPIC:

Picture's 12 years 3 months ago #1892

• Taverner
  • Taverner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
My Grand Father was in the 7th company {Leicestershire} 4th Battalion Imperial Yeomanry , I'm wondering if there are any picture's of this Battalion around . I was 15 when my Grand Father passed away in 1965 at the age of 85 , this was before I had any interest in our Military back ground. Im new to the site so I'll fumble around looking so I thought I would fast track this question to other's just in case someone is able to help .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Picture's 12 years 3 months ago #1934

• Taverner
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
I found a picture on the { www.paoyeomanry.co.uk } of the 7th {1st Leicestershire} Coy 4th Btn taken in South Africa , under that picture are the name's of the officer's and trooper's where my Grand Father's name is in alphabetical order , the only problem is that the name's are not by row , he is the only Taverner there . For all it's worth he just might not be in the photo !! Would anyone be able to guide me to find out . I only have one photo of him as a young man and it was taken some time in or around WW1

Re: Picture's 12 years 3 months ago #1939

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
Taverner,

I had a look at the picture and am not sure if the alphabetical list of names and the photograph are in fact connected.

One avenue would be to write to the Regimental Museum and see if they have any named photographs that he might appear in.

I wish you well with this
David
Dr David Biggins

Re: Picture's 12 years 3 months ago #1954

• Taverner
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thank's Dave , by the way your name sound familiar to me ....... do you do research for people b/c of location , like myself who's in BC Canada ? I think you helped my son's father in law with research on his grand father out here in BC. I understand that there is info that one can't find on the web site's and this is where someone has to go and physically look it up .
Would this be true ?
Cheer's Mate

Re: Picture's 12 years 3 months ago #1955

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
Taverner,

You are right that there is far more information on the Boer War participants than is contained on my web site. Some 450,000 people participated in the Boer War and the names of only about 150,000 individuals appears on the site - so I have some way to go!

Kind regards
David
Dr David Biggins

Re: Picture's 12 years 3 months ago #2051

• Taverner
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Good New's , by fluke I found a family member that I've not seen in over 30 year's . We are having a great time going through old memory's and I asked him about our Grandfather's medal's , he has both of them plus the discharge paper's , the only thing missing is my Grandfather's personnal memoir book that charted his path during the war..... that is a shame . All we have to do is meet now , real soon .

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds