Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

James Kelly, John Kelly and Charles Edward Thomas kelly 5 years 10 months ago #59292

• Karl
  • Karl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I am researching three ancestors. James Kelly, born c 1850, served in the Private 27th Reg.of Foot. Both of his sons, John and Charles, were born in the Royal Barracks, Dublin - John c 1871 and Charles Kelly on 7/10/1876. They both fought in the Boer War and served in India. Can anyone provide advice about where I may find information or possibly provide such information? Thanks. Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

James Kelly, John Kelly and Charles Edward Thomas kelly 5 years 10 months ago #59301

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1881
Hello Karl......

First let me say welcome to the forum...…   

Is there any way that you can give a bit more information as I have 7 Kelly's in my collection and 2 J. Kelly's...…   Do you know what regiment or regimental number...….

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

James Kelly, John Kelly and Charles Edward Thomas kelly 5 years 10 months ago #59307

• Karl
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi Mike
Many thanks for your reply.
I think John Kelly was in the Inniskillen Fusiliers - 2886. He married Elizabeth McCormack in 1899.
I don't have military information for Charles Edward Kelly but I think he served in th Boer War and in India. He married Elizabeth Hunniford in Calcutta in 1901.
Their father, James Kelly, was a Private in the 27th Regiment of Foot. Married Jane Halbert in 1866.
Karl

James Kelly, John Kelly and Charles Edward Thomas kelly 5 years 10 months ago #59320

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 453
Hello Karl

Check for service papers on FindmyPast and medal entitlement on Ancestry.

Good luck.
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

James Kelly, John Kelly and Charles Edward Thomas kelly 5 years 10 months ago #59386

• Karl
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
I have found information on John Kelly - service number 2886 in the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers. And for Charles Kelly - service number 3754 in the Royal Irish Rifles.
I am now trying to find infiormation about their brother-in-law Matthew O'Brien. He was born in 1865 in South Africa and married Marion Kelly in 1892. I believe he served in the 4th Brigade Royal Irish Rifles. Can anyone help?
thanks
Karl

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.869 seconds