Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cpl. Thomas Wm. Jones + 2nd Bn. Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers 3 years 8 months ago #70613

• Angloannie
  • Angloannie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I have looked on your site for information about the 2nd Bn. RIF to find where this man would have been in the Boer War. He landed in South Africa on 7th February 1902, transferred to the 1st Bn. on 15th January 1903 and posted home in April 1903. I have information on his service record about him being awarded the S. Africa 1902 medal with 2 clasps for the Orange Free State and Transvaal. I did find some information on your site about the R.I.F. but could not find his name or entitlement to medals. Entering his name and No. 4357 did not throw up anything about his medal entitlement.

I would be grateful if anyone could tell me if I am doing something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cpl. Thomas Wm. Jones + 2nd Bn. Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers 3 years 8 months ago #70617

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Angloannie,

No, you're not doing anything wrong. It is more that my site does not yet have a complete list of all participants.

Corporal Thomas Jones received the clasps Orange Free State, Transvaal and South Africa 1902 from the 2nd RIF rolls.
Dr David Biggins

Cpl. Thomas Wm. Jones + 2nd Bn. Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers 3 years 8 months ago #70626

• Angloannie
  • Angloannie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you for your response. The reason I looked on your site is that I already have information about the medals from his service record. Good luck with completing the list of participants.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds