Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rhodesian Pioneers & Early Settlers Society certificate 5 years 8 months ago #59361

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4495

picture courtesy of DNW

A rare original coloured certificate from the ‘Rhodesian Pioneers & Early Settlers Society’ certifying that “Michael Gerald Linnell is recognised as a Rhodesian Pioneer having arrived in Rhodesia 1896”.

Together with a cricket ball with applied silver shield inscribed ‘Presented to M. G. Linnell / United Banks C.C. / Bulawayo League / 5/11/04 “Hat Trick”.

BSACM, reverse Rhodesia 1896 (Troopr. M. G. Linnell. M.R.F.)

Michael Gerald Linnell arrived in Rhodesia in 1896 and served as a Trooper in the Matabeleland Relief Force during the rebellion that year. He was the grandson of John Linnell, the prominent British landscape artist, and the son of James Linnell who was also a recognised artist.
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rhodesian Pioneers & Early Settlers Society certificate 2 years 1 month ago #81047

Similar one found, recognising Thomas Parker Gilbert. Where can one find a list of Rhodesian pioneers?
Attachments:

Rhodesian Pioneers & Early Settlers Society certificate 2 years 1 month ago #81052

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2104

Rhodesian Pioneers & Early Settlers Society certificate 2 weeks 4 days ago #94331

• Sapper97
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 2
Worth noting his QSA is currently for sale. Unfortunately, broken from the pair obviously. Would be nice to see the two medals reunited

Rhodesian Pioneers & Early Settlers Society certificate 2 weeks 1 day ago #94399

• Adrian123456
  • Thank you received: 241
Hi
I have the BSAC medal to Linnell in my collection , with the cricket ball. I have tried to reunite, unfortunately the QSA is in my opinion totally overpriced and have therefore not yet succeeded .

Kind regards
Adrian

Rhodesian Pioneers & Early Settlers Society certificate 2 weeks 1 hour ago #94414

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2104
I have a similar scenario where I have a QSA to the Natal Guides but his WWI officers pair with MID are languishing in a drawer with a collector in France who is not prepared to even discuss price, let alone a reunite.

Very frustrating.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.787 seconds