Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 7 years 4 months ago #50507

• dunnboer
  • Thank you received: 363
Hello Phillip,

I haven't found any papers for Tatham so don't know where he came from. My interest in these medals is the Herefordshire men who served with the 2nd KSLI, particularly the Herefordshire Rifle Volunteers. I have 2 others which may be of interest

7325 Albert England 2nd SLI clasps CC OFS Joh SA01 with BWM VM Territorial War Medal and Territorial Force efficiency medal, the latter 4 with the RAMC. Also entitled to silver war badge. He was HRV and his name is on the memorial in Hereford Town Hall

Also:_
3247 H Baker 2nd SLI clasps CC Paardeberg Dreifontein Joh, with KSA 2 clasps BWM VM, the latter 2 with the Army Veterinary Corps. He lived very close to my home in Bromyard Herefordshire.

Paul
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 7 years 4 months ago #50508

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Certainly not a bargain!

LinneyI wrote: Philip
Currently on a very popular on-line bidding site is the three clasp QSA named to "1102 Pte. T. Pritchard, 2nd Shropshire Light Infantry".
Posted just in case you have not seen it.
Regards
IL.

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 7 years 4 months ago #50516

• molacate
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
My great-grandfather, William Brownlee Adams served in the Boar War. I was wondering, it was said veterans were assured of free rent for life. Is this true? Was it only certain veterans? Is he in the index of medal recipients?
Thank you for your obvious hard work as a researcher in this area.
Catherine Alexander

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 7 years 3 months ago #50948

• 2li0
  • 2li0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello Paul
Thank you very kindly for sending me the QSA information you have, I have not got Albert England on my data base, but do have Bakers details, interestingly the memorial plaque you also sent is interesting as I have the medals to two soldiers inscribed on it, A. Powell, and F. P. Carless.
Whilst researching the Volunteer Service Companies 1 & 2, I did not find any service papers for Albert England with Boer War Service, but I am sure you know there are papers for WW1
I would be happy to keep intouch with any further projects you may have regading the Hereford Rifle Volunteers attached to the 2nd Shropshire's in the South African War
Once again Paul
Thank you kindly and have a Happy New Year

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 7 years 3 months ago #50953

• 2li0
Hello Catherine
And Happy New Year
With regards to your relative William Brownlee Adams, a search of the service papers on ancestry have yet not turned up anything on him, have you a service number and regiment
many thanks PHILIP

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 7 years 3 months ago #50954

• 2li0
Paul
Happy New Year
Are you aware of a Edmund Tatham, 7089, Special Reserve King's Shropshire L.I., who served in the Great War, medals 1915-Trio and SWB
Discharged on 12 June 1916, could be your man ?
Philip
Attachments:

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.621 seconds