Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 8 months ago #21201

• 2li0
  • 2li0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 15
Ian
Phil here good to know I am not the only one building up a QSA Collection I have just hit 90 and hope to go on to 100
then stop?
do you have any to the Shropshire's
PHIL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 8 months ago #21204

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1873
Good Morning Ian Phil.....

Have been following the thread about KSLI with interest.....

The last two posts made me smile.....

All I can say is She Who Must Be Obeyed would be happy with a collection that has only 100 medals in it but in collecting QSA's for 40 years I am afraid that is not possible......

Now if they are all the same unit that would be impressive......

Mike

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
Attachments:

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 8 months ago #21205

• 2li0
Mike
Thanks for reply
Yes I have been very close to making the choice of keeping my marriage or my collection of QSA'S, but fortunately for me I do have an understanding wife after all one day she will have the joy of selling them all?.
I have been lucky regards to most of my QSA-KSA'S in that a found a good proportion some years back its only been the last few years that the price has gone up, so I now seem to focus more on QSA to soldiers from my county of Shropshire and that connection,but if one comes up especially pairs then I might have a go. I find the most appealing aspect on the research side and if any papers can be found, in most cases Boer War papers exist for a good many, and sometimes W.W.1. Papers also.
all the best
PHIL

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 8 months ago #21207

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1873
Hi Phil.....

A QSA you can carry home in your pocket and when she asks about the one you are working on you can say "But Dear I have had this one for Ages"..... LOL

Not like the auction in the States this weekend, over 300 Tanks and Armoured Fighting Vehicles and Collectables including a de-activated Guided Missile.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 8 months ago #21208

• 2li0
Mike
I would love to have a tank, but just got know where to park, bad enough trying to park me car outside.
going back to QSA Medals you know doubt have a few missing either one or the other and more likely WWI
I have been lucky in the past to reunite a couple of pairs, but sadly :( many still await
all the best PHIL

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 8 months ago #21217

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1527
Philip
Re your 21165; my old collection included a QSA (wreath to "R" reverse)with clasps CC/OFS/TV impressed to "3345 Pte E.JONES. 2nd Shropshire Lt. Infy". SAFF indicated the recipient was "Killed, Frederickstad, 30 July, railway accident". Was purchased locally in Sydney Mar 1975.
In those days, research was difficult to arrange so I looked up the incident in the original copies of The Times in the State Library of NSW and the edition of August 3, 1900 said that thirteen men,including the engine driver, were killed and thirty nine injured during the derailment; caused by Boers removing some of the rails.
My first collection "went" as a whole in the mid '90's - so I assume that 3345 E. JONES's medal is out there somewhere.
Regards
IL.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.562 seconds