Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Spencer streeter research 11 years 4 months ago #11644

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 957
That is a really good photo and a superb pair of medals too, very scarce with the single clasp QSA, a lovely combination, the IGS and clasps for the Punjab Frontier 1897-98 & the Tirah 1897-98 are verified in WO100/86 page 248, I take it you don't have that one either?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spencer streeter research 11 years 4 months ago #11645

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Andy,
Yes I agree with Frank, great photo.
Nice to see him wearing his medals, its good you have this photograph.
Thank you for sharing.

Paul :)
"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spencer

Spencer streeter research 11 years 4 months ago #11647

• Spencer
  • Spencer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Frank,
You must have excellent eye site as well as knowledge I can only just make out the medals lol, No I don't have either, not sure what happened to them, interesting with regard to the Punjab Frontier and Tirah as I have No info other than I believed spencer was in India for a time. I assume spencer arrived in SA with the Hussars regiment direct from India and transferred to the Devonshire's,
Kind regards. Andy.

Spencer streeter research 11 years 4 months ago #11656

• Frank Kelley
Hello Andy,
My eyes are okay, but, not as good as all that, I just looked him up in WO100, moreover, his IGS and clasps were issued from the 1st Devonshire's roll, this was also the regt in which he earned the medal and not the Hussars.
Regards Frank

Spencer wrote: Hi Frank,
You must have excellent eye site as well as knowledge I can only just make out the medals lol, No I don't have either, not sure what happened to them, interesting with regard to the Punjab Frontier and Tirah as I have No info other than I believed spencer was in India for a time. I assume spencer arrived in SA with the Hussars regiment direct from India and transferred to the Devonshire's,
Kind regards. Andy.

Spencer streeter research 11 years 4 months ago #11657

• Frank Kelley
Here you are.

Frank Kelley wrote: Hello Andy,
My eyes are okay, but, not as good as all that, I just looked him up in WO100, moreover, his IGS and clasps were issued from the 1st Devonshire's roll, this was also the regt in which he earned the medal and not the Hussars.
Regards Frank

Spencer wrote: Hi Frank,
Kind regards. Andy.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spencer

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds