Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New guy intro. 8 months 2 weeks ago #91478

Just joined the group. Hi y'all!

I have been collecting orders, medals, & decorations from all over the world for many years. But since my tastes are very varied; I don't have as much depth in my knowledge or collection as I'd like. I've always had a soft spot for UK stuff, but tended to buy unresearched items as they were generally less expensive. But I'd like to change that going forward because I see myself narrowing down my collecting to predominately UK pieces.

I understand researching items is easier now than it was when I started collecting but don't have any idea where to begin. I would like to start getting more info, if possible, on the recipients of the handful of UK medals and decorations I have.

I recently got my first KSA/QSA pair and a 5 bar KSA with Laing's Nek clasp amongst the 5, so I thought I'd start my research attempts with them.

I am looking forward to reading through the various posts and learning from you all.

Cheers!

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New guy intro. 8 months 2 weeks ago #91480

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4529
Welcome Ken!

It will be very interesting to hear where you are started your Boer War journey.

We can help you to navigate the information on this site and also help you to research the men in your Boer War collection.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

New guy intro. 8 months 2 weeks ago #91481

• Dave F
  • Thank you received: 1175
Hello Ken
Welcome to the forum.
We look forward to your posts and helping you any way we can regarding your QSA and KSA recipients.

Best wishes

Dave
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Best regards,
Dave

New guy intro. 8 months 2 weeks ago #91508

Thank you both for the welcome.

I attached a snap of my modest UK collection. Obviously the VC,GC,DSO etc in the one case are copies. I start another post to ask you guys some questions about my QSA/KSA & KSA medals.

Regards,

Ken

New guy intro. 8 months 2 weeks ago #91509

Interesting, it won't let me attach the picture. Says it is too big. I resized it down to 460 KB then to 180 KB to get it below the 0.5 MB size limit. But it still kicks it.

New guy intro. 8 months 2 weeks ago #91546

A picture of my small eclectic UK collection.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds