griffiths wrote: Hi I hope that these pictures bear out the details. They show the set and then the rim details as best I could take.....I am looking for assistance in the research of the medal group if anybody can assist.
Sorry it has taken a while to get back to you.
There are quite a few medals in that case, please can you identify which are those belonging to Evans?
And is the photograph that of Evans?
Obviously the SJAB Bronze belongs to Evans, if the QSA & KSA also belong to him, he could have changed his unit, (i.e. RAMC , SAC, or various others) as he must have been in S.A. for 18 months or more.
His SJAB Bronze would only account for 6 months service, unless he went back for a second tour.
I hope this is not confusing you.
I would need his number, rank, name, and unit served in, as shown on each individual medal before I could try and help further. This information is well worth recording, so thanks for posting.
Hi okay lets start as follows: looking at the picture:
1. BWM named to Lt F R Evans
2. QSA named to ST - SGT F R Evans R.A.M.C. clasps you should see on the picture but if not CC, OFS and TVL although top one is loose.
3. 1914-15 star renamed LT F R Evans
4. KSA 2802 s.serjt F R EVANS S.A.C.
5 EGYPT MEDAL NO DATE BAR EL-TEB 2435 CPL F R EVANS C.T.C.
6. 79 1ST C SERGT F R EVANS HERNE BAY DIV
STRATING AT THE LEFT AGAIN
8. THEN 1911 UNAMED CORONATION MEDAL
9. WOUND BADGE NO S A 11655
10 PICTURE OF F R EVANS LOOKS LIKE WHEN HE WAS A CADET AS NO BADGES OR INSIGNIA
STARTING AT THE LEFT ROW THREE
12. vIC MEDAL BILLINGUAL ENG DUTCH TO LT F R EVANS
13.kHEDIVES STAR 1884 UNAMED
14. jUBILEE 1897 MEDAL ST JOHN AMB WITH WHAT WOULD APPEAR TO BE INCORRECT RIBBON. S/BE DARH BLUE?
NAMED TO 1ST CLASS SUPT OFFR F R EVANS
15. QSA NOT PART OF THIS GROUP.
16. SILVER METALN 1902 CORONATION MEDAL
17 SILVER METAL 1890 BLOEMFONTIEN STATION VRYHEID EN IMMIGRATIE VREDE EN VOORSPOED
18. COPPER COMEMRATION OF THE 50 YEARS OF VIC REIGN 21 JUNE 1887
19 TWO MASONIC MEDQALS TO WOR BRO F R EVANS AS A MARK OF ESTEEM AND APPRECIATION FROM OFFICERS AND B.B. OF KILWINNING LODGE 1911 LODGE NUMBER 981 S G NOTE THE DETAILS ON THE FRONT OF THE MEDALS TRANSVAAL KILWINNING LODGE
20. 1914-18 CONCLUSION OF THE GREAT WAR JOHANNESBURG
Hello again - I am not sure where to turn for help tracing what happened to my Great-Uncle William Carey born 1881 in Hebden Bridge, and whether this is the appropriate forum in which to post this query. William's brother Ernest Carey was killed in the Boer War (and we received great help with information about him when we first joined this site). Fairly recently we discovered a medal being sold with W Carey's name on it - we are not sure whether this is the person we are looking for but,as we have a photo of 'William' in uniform with a cross on his arm, it is quite possible...........but we simply cannot find anything about him. This is the medal that was for sale - we have tried contacting the auctioneers but have not received a response - can anyone please tell us if the uniform William is wearing is likely to have been worn in the Boer War - and is anything known about the medal.