Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Medals to the CIV 8 months 3 weeks ago #91384

• OJD
  • Thank you received: 20
Folks, I am looking for the QSA to 87 Cpl H. C. Crawhall C.I.V. which sold Noonans 20 Aug 2020 (Jack Webb Collection)

I wonder if anyone on here might have the subject QSA? Or, knows of its whereabouts?

If so, I would very much like to buy it, if it is a medal you might consider parting with.

He was not a relation of any kind, it is simply collector interest. I am presently researching Hugh as I have a silver shooting medal awarded to him.

Many thanks,

Owen
OMRS 8188

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Medals to the CIV 5 months 2 weeks ago #92804

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530

Picture courtesy of Spink

QSA (6) Cape Colony, Paardeberg, Driefontein, Johannesburg, Diamond Hill, Wittebergen (Sgn: Capt. E. W. St. V. Ryan. C.I.V.);
British War and Victory Medals (Lt. Col. E. W. St Vincent-Ryan.);
TD GV HM 1919

Edmond William St. Vincent-Ryan was born in 1861. He served in the 16th Middlesex (London Irish) Volunteers, ranked Surgeon Captain in 1898, and proceeded to South Africa with that rank in 1900 with the City of London Imperial Volunteers on the S.S. Gaul. Although he was officially Medical Officer of the Infantry Battalion During the Boer War, he in fact served with the Mounted Infantry.

St. Vincent-Ryan was promoted Major in the Territorial Force in 1908 and served during the Great War with the Royal Army Medical Corps, initially in Malta, from September 1914-March 1916, being promoted Temporary Lieutenant-Colonel on 19 November 1914.

He served in Salonika from June 1916-November 1917 and then with the Italian Expeditionary Force on the Italian Front until June 1918. Diagnosed with Tuberculosis at Cremona on 3 April 1918, he died at Pendyffryn Hall Sanitorium, Dwygyfylich, Wales on 24 August 1919.
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.510 seconds