Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

??? Medalje, VERPLEEGSTER (nurse) GER VISSER, Green-red/white/blue-Yellow 5 years 8 months ago #60111

• visser
  • visser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
In the heritage of my parents I found this medal, it's colours and appearance are foundable in some of all lists, it is a so called MEDALJE of Presence in the Anglo Boere Oorlog. But the name on the thin side of it VERPLEEGSTER (Nurse) GER VISSER I could not find in the lists.
A women seems rather rare to me, but it is all good readable.
Who can help to solve this mystery ?
With kind regards, Robert Kappen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

??? Medalje, VERPLEEGSTER (nurse) GER VISSER, Green-red/white/blue-Yellow 5 years 8 months ago #60116

• Charl
  • Thank you received: 32
Hi Robert
Would you mind posting some pictures of the medal and the naming on the edge. I did see that there is a Verpleegster C.R. Visser on the medal roll. She was with the Hollander Corps. In an excellent article published in the OMRS journal in 1992 Henk Loots mentioned that he has identified 19 women which were awarded the ABO medal. Amongst the list of names is a Nurse C.R. Visser - Red Cross Hospital at Mafeking. Sounds like this might be the medal you have. a Precious find!!
Regards
Charl

??? Medalje, VERPLEEGSTER (nurse) GER VISSER, Green-red/white/blue-Yellow 5 years 8 months ago #60122

• visser
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hello Charl,

Thank you for this information. Tomorrow I will have time to make some careful pictures. For now: The 'G' could be also a 'C' but there is absolutely an 'E' behind. The 'R' is not that claear, possibly an 'N' ?, while the points (...) in between are evenso not clear. But the last point after the R or N is very clear. Also the naming could be VERPLEEGSTER G (or C) E N. (general?) VISSER ? Regards, Robert.
P.S. Separated there is a little 'strikje' (in Dutch) to attach to, for instant, a 'jacket revers' whith similatr colours. I have the idea this medal could be rather worthful...?

??? Medalje, VERPLEEGSTER (nurse) GER VISSER, Green-red/white/blue-Yellow 5 years 8 months ago #60145

• visser
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hello Charl, I'm very sorry for the delay, I have made pictures, I hope they are clear enough, took them whith a very modern double Huawei 13 + 2 Mp cameraphone. PROBLEM : 0,5 Mb limit is not enough for the upload. The pictures are 3-4 Mb each.
Regards, Robert.

??? Medalje, VERPLEEGSTER (nurse) GER VISSER, Green-red/white/blue-Yellow 5 years 8 months ago #60146

• Charl
  • Thank you received: 32
Hi Robert, if you want you can email them to me. I'll have a look and can also resize them for you to post here, should other members have comments or input. ([email protected]) Kind regards, Charl

??? Medalje, VERPLEEGSTER (nurse) GER VISSER, Green-red/white/blue-Yellow 5 years 8 months ago #60150

• visser
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Ah that's nice Charl. I wil send them. Thanks ! Robert.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.399 seconds